Great job making it this far!! 🥳 Now let’s get you up and running!💥
- Sign Up for a verified business account on SnapRefund (be sure to use the staging environment instead for sandboxing)
- Complete our KYB verification process
- Add the bank account you will use to make transfers (typically your loss account)
- Click your profile icon in the top right and navigate to Settings -> Generate tokens -> Generate new:
- Enter the name of your API access token and click Save
Your generated tokens don’t expire
- The token that you create must be added to Headers by the Authorization key with the value of the token
- Celebrate!!! 🎉🎉🎉 You’re ready to use the SnapRefund API
So far so good! Right?
No worries if you’re stuck, just let us know. We’re here to help ✅.
You can reach us at [email protected].
Okay! Cool. Now that you have your API tokens, let’s enable you to send paper check payments to your insureds. By the way, if you don’t want your insureds to have the option to cash-out your Pending Payments with paper checks then you can totally skip these steps! As long as you have a bank account added your insured will always see an ACH (3-4 business day) cash-out option when they view one of your Pending Payments.
Otherwise, if you’re one of those fancy folk who love giving your insureds the power of choice, follow along so they can get all of your check-mailing goodness!
To enable your insureds to see a the paper check option during cash out:
- Navigate to the Banks page
- Either add a new bank account 🏦 -or- select one you’ve previously added that you want your paper check transactions to come out of (typically your loss account)
If you want to use this account to send checks it has to be a checking account. US regulations prevent checks from being written from savings accounts
- Click the triple dots icon for your bank of choice -> Paper Check setup
- Fill in the requested information
- Wait until the confirmation status is ACTIVATED for this bank account (typically takes 1 business day or less)
- Do a happy dance 💃🏽! Once your bank is confirmed with an ACTIVATED status you can freely set which shipping speeds your insureds will be able to select from when they choose to cash-out a claim payment from you via a paper check
Updated 4 months ago